As Wayne Gretzky once said, “~ skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.”
Keeping an eye towards the future, there will be better days ahead.
Although public gatherings have been temporarily curtailed, the following information is still relevant regardless of the level of attendance.
The following precautions, as quoted in a statement from usicrinks.com, are not only good practice in general, but they may become mandatory as we move into a brave new world:
GUIDELINES FOR FACILITIES
The following recommendations should be considered from an operational standpoint:
RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS FOR STAFF
- Increased signage outlining advisable precautions (e.g., hand-washing)
- Adding alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility
- Ensuring soap is stocked in restrooms
- Cleaning high traffic areas of the building with disinfectant throughout events (and ideally several times per day)
- including concession areas, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, vending machines, arcade games, and rest rooms
- Implementing more regular cleaning procedures with disinfectant for areas such as players’ and officials’ locker rooms, and training rooms.
- Shared PPE, like safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, face shields, etc. should be disinfected before and after use
- POS touchscreens should be regularly disinfected and staff should minimize sharing these
- IR steering wheels and operational controls, hand tools, etc. should be disinfected after personnel completes shifts
- Always wear disposable gloves while cleaning
- Don’t eat or drink anything while performing cleaning tasks
RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Practice frequent and meticulous hand-washing with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and/or sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms• Quarantine anyone who is sick (players, coaches, parents, roommates)
- Ensure safe food sources; thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Handshake lines after games should include fist bumps with gloves on OR eliminate handshake line and consider a stick tap or clap to the other team as a sign of sportsmanship.
- Use individual water bottles; do not share them
- Towels should not be shared in any way